To maintain your keto diet properly, it is important to have the right food containing the right amount of macronutrients. In this relation, cereals and bread are a suitable option but have you thought about peanut butter? When wondering which food option would be suitable to main your diet, keto diet peanut butter is a good solution. Containing fat and protein with a little number of carbohydrates, it is recommended by the dietician.
Which type of keto diet peanut butter is perfect to have?
Look for the keto diet peanut butter that has peanut and salt in it as the two ingredients that would be suitable for the diet. Dieticians are of the opinion that in 2 tablespoon serving of peanut butter, it shall contain 6 to 7 grams of carbohydrates. Eliminating the carbohydrates content from fibre, it has only 2 to 4 grams of net carbohydrates that you get from the food. Therefore, it is better to choose the peanut butter that does not contain sugar in it which is not good for a keto diet plan.
As nut butter has a high content of protein and fat, it is considered to be perfect for a keto diet. The macronutrient target for keto diet is 10 percent carbs, 70 percent fat content along with 20 percent protein content. In that, having peanut butter is just the right option to have. As the nuts contain both protein and carbohydrates, it is better to stick to the servings of two tablespoons.
Is it suitable to have peanuts on keto diet?
Yes, one can have peanuts on a keto diet as in 100grams of peanuts, one can have 8.5 gram of fiber, 16.13g of carbs along with 7.63g of net carbs. As peanuts have paleo food values, it is perfect to opt for keto diet peanut butter. So, to take peanuts in a keto diet, it can be considered as ‘keto-friendly.’
- ½ cup of low-calorie natural sweetener
- 1 cup of peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon of sugar-free vanilla extract
- To prepare keto diet peanut butter cookies, preheat oven and place baking sheet along with parchment paper.
- Now, mix peanut butter, egg, vanilla extract, and sweetener and make dough out of it.
- Make 1 inch balls and place it on the baking sheet and press it to settle down properly.
- Bake the cookies until golden brown for 12 to 15 minutes.
- Peanut Butter Mousse
- ½ cup of heavy cream whipped
- 4 oz of cream cheese which is softened
- ¼ cup of natural peanut butter without sugar content
- ¼ cup of powdered Swerve Sweetener
- ½ teaspoon of vanilla extract
- In a bowl, whip 1/2 cup of cream and mix until peaks are formed.
- In another bowl, beat together cream cheese and peanut butter until turns into creamy and smooth texture.
- Now, you have to add sweetener and vanilla extract to the mixture. If peanut butter is unsalted, you can add pinch of salt as per taste.
- Now again, you have to beat the mixture until it is perfectly smooth.
- If the mixture is thick, you can add about 2 tablespoon of heavy cream to lighten the mixture. Again you have to beat it well until it mix.
- Now, gently fold in whipped cream until no streaks are left.
- You can spoon or pipe out the mixture into little dessert containers.
- Drizzle on some little low carb chocolate sauce to add some taste to it.
- No bake keto peanut butter balls
- 2 cups smooth peanut butter * See notes
- 1/2 cup sticky sweetener of choice ** See notes
- 3/4 cup coconut flour
- Place a parchment paper on a large tray.
- Mix the ingredients well in a bowl. In case, the batter becomes thick, you can add some milk or water to make the batter as per convenience.
- Now, after washing your hands, you can form a dough and make small balls.
- Now, you have to place it on the plate.
- After this, you can refrigerate the balls for 30 minutes to make them firm before you serve them.
Which one is better among almond butter and peanut butter?
Almonds are another form of nut butter and it can be confusing to choose which nut butter is the suitable one to choose. Is keto diet peanut butter suitable to have over almond butter? In fact, the carbohydrates contained in both peanut and almond are almost the same.
Measuring 100g of almonds, it has 21.55 g of total carbs, 12.5g of fibre along with 9.05g of net carbs. Even though the carbohydrates content is almost the same, almond has a high amount of magnesium, calcium along potassium content.
How can you make low carbohydrates peanut butter?
To prepare keto diet peanut butter, only roaster peanuts and salt is required. Here, you can use either sea salt or table salt. Just mix the peanuts with the salt of your choice and mix it well into a mixture. From the mixture, you can get flour from which you have to prepare the dough. This will finally turn to a smooth paste.
Now, you have to put the mixture in the refrigerator to make the butter mixture a firm one before it is ready to be consumed.
Steps to store the peanut butter
Try to place the butter in a jar and close it with tight lids. It is better to store in the kitchen or in a place for 2 months. In addition, you can also refrigerate it up to 6 months and have it.
Therefore, it should be known that peanuts are legumes and considering the macros, it is close to nuts. So, peanuts are perfect for the keto diet as these are a good source of biotin, copper, minerals, vitamins, folate, vitamin E, thiamin, manganese, phosphorus and the like. You can easily opt for two tablespoons of peanut butter on your keto diet.